Stratford’s small businesses are crucial to our local economic health. They are also neighbours within our community. Thriving small businesses create thriving communities, in a virtuous cycle.
By committing to a monthly donation of any size, your small business can be one of The Local’s first 100 Small Business Neighbours for Change and make a meaningful impact in our community.
A strong foundation of regular contributions from our small business community means that we are less dependent on restrictive grants and can design programs with maximum flexibility to best serve Stratford’s community. Each monthly donation of:
- $10 will provide enough produce to feed a fellow neighbour at all 3 community meals for a week.
- $25 will buy enough seeds and sprouts for someone to plant their plot at the community garden this coming spring.
- $50 will cover the cost of one individual to take part in an 8-week program.
- $75 will provide community meals for a family of 4 for one month.
- $100 pays for a week of the Community Access Market for members to access fresh, healthy, locally sourced food at affordable not for profit prices.
- $1,000 will provide food and materials for a full 8-week cycle of one of the many cooking and gardening programs run by The Local.
Our goal is to have 100 local Small Business Neighbours for Change.
We invite your small business to join our Neighbours for Change program with a tax-deductible monthly donation and be recognized as an active member of Stratford’s caring business community.
The Local is proud to recognize the following Stratford Small Business Neighbours for Change: